Payment & Shipping Terms:
|Material:||Galvanized Iron Wire||Hole Shape:||Hexagonal|
|Tensile Strength:||300-750n/Sqm||Mesh Wire:||2.2mm, 2.7mm, 3.0mm|
|Selvedge Wire:||2.7mm, 3.4mm, 3.9mm||Surface Treatment:||Galvanized|
Gabion Mesh wire dia: 2.0mm-4.0mm
Gabion Mesh size: 6x8cm, 8x10cm, 10x12cm, 12x15cm, 16x18cm
Gabion body Size: 1x1x1m, 2x1x1m, 3x1x1m, 4x1x1m, 2x1x0.5m, 4x1x0.5m
Gabion Selvedge wire diameter: 3.2mm-4.2mm
Gabion Lacing/tie wire: 2.2mm/3.2mm
Weave style: Double twist hexagonal mesh
Finish can be hot-dipped galvanized, galvanized aluminum alloy or PVC coated, etc.
Gabion basket are wire fabric containers, uniformly partitioned of variable size, interconnected with other similar containers and filled with stone at the site of use to form flexible, permeable, monolithic structures such as retaining walls, sea walls, channel linings, revetments and weirs for earth retention. Gabion basket are cages, cylinders, or boxes filled with soil or sand that are used in civil engineering, road building and military application.
Gabion basekt structures yield to earth movement but maintain full efficiency. They are quite unlike rigid or sem-rigid structures which may suffer catastrophic failure when even slight changes occur in their foundations. Highly permeable, the gabion structures act as self draining units which "bleed" off ground waters, relieving hydrostatic heads. Interstitial spaces in the rock fill dissipate the energy of flood currents and wave action. Efficiency in gabion structures, rather than decreasing with age, actually increases.
Gabion baskets Surface Treatment:
Heavily zinc galvanised wire
As above plus heavy duty PVC coating
Galmac (galfan) coated with a 95%Zinc + 5% Aluminium Mischmetal Alloy
As above plusheavy duty PVC coating
Advantages of Gabion basket:
* Permeability of the front face, ensuring drainage of backfill and no hydrostatic pressures behind the wall
* Flexibility, ensures the woven mesh gabions accommodate different settlements unlike rigid systems, for example, welded mesh cages
* Monolithic and flexible structures
* Tolerates differential settlement
* Uniform wire coating for extra durability
* Permeable structures
* One of the most economical retaining systems on the market
* Incorporation as required of vegetation throughout the structure
Gabion baskets Applications:
* Soil erosion is an ever present problem and gabions have proved to be a lasting solution around the world. The lasting appeal of gabions cage lies in their inherent flexibility.
* The most common civil engineering use of gabions cage is to stabilize shorelines or slopes against erosion. Other uses include temporary floodwalls, to filter silt from runoff, for small or temporary/permanent dams.
* In civil engineering a gabion wall is a retaining wall made of rectangular containers basketsfabricated of heavily galvanized wire, which are filled with stone and stacked on one another, usually in tiers that step back with the slope rather than vertically.
|Standard Gabion Size|
|Custom sizes are also available|
Contact Person: Anna